Mark your calendars!
Opera on the Lake presents
Die Csárdásfürstin (The Csardas Princess)
July 26,28,29 and August 1,3,4
at the Como Lakeside Pavilion!
This absolute gem of a piece was a huge hit back in its day, and is still performed regularly in Europe. It tells the story of Sylva Varescu, a successful cabaret performer who falls in love with a Viennese nobleman.
Full of lush melodies, humor, emotion and wit, you’ll see and hear why
Die Csárdásfürstin (The Csardas Princess) remains an enduring hit of the operetta genre.
This year we are going bigger and bolder than ever with
- 6 performances at the Como Lakeside Pavilion— that’s twice as many as in years past!
- a larger cast, including a chorus
- an expanded chamber orchestra
- improved tech and sound
- commissioned set pieces, backdrops, and costumes from Minnesotan designers
and, as always
- a completely original English dialogue libretto crafted by Creative Director, Anne Wieben
- a brand new chamber orchestra arrangement by our conductor, Marco Real d’Arbelles
Take a listen to one of the most famous arias from Die Csárdásfürstin, Heia in den Bergen:
Die Csárdásfürstin(The Csardas Princess) is a show you definitely don’t want to miss!
Mark your calendars today!